Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Doing well

I feel a little bit bad that I never update this anymore. I guess my sense of urgency is gone? Well, in case people are still checking it:

I'm doing just fine.


It's been a couple of months now that I've been off of all treatment and we're basically just playing a "wait and see" game with it to see how things go. My last PET/CT was pretty much fine. There were a couple of possible future trouble spots in my right lung, but they were so small nothing definitive could be said. Maybe they'll be gone next time, maybe not.

I've been very happy that I've been free to do basically whatever I want. I've been working full time and having a grand old time doing it. My energy level has returned. Emily and I went camping last weekend (or the weekend before? I can't keep track).

I've been trying to exercise more. I've been doing alright at keeping a weightlifting schedule, though it's slipped over the last week. I finally got out and rode my bike last weekend. The route I took you can explore here.

My back has been hurting strangely for a while now which sure doesn't make me feel really positive about things. I had the PET/CT though after it started and they didn't see anything wrong and certainly nothing that would explain the weird pain. So I've just been ignoring it and waiting for the next scan to see if things are still normal. If they are I guess I'll have to go see some other doctor about what is wrong with me otherwise. I'm really not all that gung-ho to go subject myself to more doctor visits. I'm also pretty pessimistic about things but I'm happy that I'm enjoying myself now and hope that it stays that way.

3 comments:

  1. Well, you may be pessimistic, so I'll balance it with optimism! No matter what, the fact that you have had more energy to enjoy the things you are now able to do (like having a normal life & working full time!) are enough to make me smile!!!! It is just hard for me to imagine that you are not winning whatever battle is going on internally... You are looking and acting amazing! So I'm glad that you are getting out & enjoying your body (despite the hell it has put you through). Go for bike rides and walks and camping!!!! And enjoying Emily:) Boy, am I glad you have her. Though the back is odd, with everything you have been through, I can imagine it is just a little something that needs tweaking, not surgery or drugs.

    You make me want to go camping! I'm hoping to bike to St.Auggie next weekend with some jewelry to drop off... And maybe get a little camping in at Anastasia park! And, on a totally unrelated note, those lily samples we took are actually going to BLOOM! I cant believe that less then 2 months after being torn from the ground and brought to different soil, they're STILL going to flower! What a weed!

    Thanks for updating, I still love to read whatever you have to say. LOVE YOU!!!!!!

    And again, I must say, I LOVE this picture of you!

    *hugs*
    ~Me:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ryan.........all I can say is HOORAY!!!!! for YOU! You look absolutely fabulous and "ditto" to ALL Holly's comments.........
    Continue to stay active and positive. You and Emily are perfect together......you are truly blessed.
    LOVE you both!
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmmm ... maybe your back pain is a result of your recent 24 mile cycling adventure. Gosh, you really look great sitting in that hammock! Love, Laurie

    ReplyDelete