Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Another Update

Not a large update in words, but a large one in other ways.

Ryan had several more CTs this morning. Two radiation oncologists as well as a medical oncologist came by to see us after looking at the scans. The cancer is taking over his organs, and while there are technically things that they could do, nothing will give the result that any of us want.. they'll only lead to more time in the hospital, and more pain.

So I signed paperwork again to have hospice take over his medical care. It was scary the second time, too. I'm not ready for this, but I know that he is. Soon he will be free.


5 comments:

  1. I love you, Em. Please give Ryan a kiss for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE YOU BOTH!!!!! See you VERY soon......
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emily, Though I have yet to meet you, I would like to offer my condolences. You married a brilliant, vibrant and courageous man. You must be very courageous yourself. I have watched you help Ryan live life to the fullest even in the face of terrible circumstances. Please be strong. We all love you for the love you gave Ryan. My prayers are with you. He is no longer in pain and, thanks to your love, I am sure his last years were rich. Thank you for being there for him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emily, I've always thought of you as an Angel; always gentile and the sweetest smile and oh, so strong. Ryan will always be in our hearts, and he was so blessed to have had you by his side. My prayers and love are with you. Love Dottie

    ReplyDelete