Saturday, December 24, 2011

Out of ICU

This afternoon, Ryan was moved from the neuro ICU floor to a regular neuro floor. He has a private room, which is nice.. means I can stay here with him!

He is still very bloated (perhaps more-so than yesterday) and that gives him lots of pain. The reaction of the nurses and doctors is just to throw more pain meds at him, but I think that is the absolute wrong way to approach it. So, I've asked to see another GI doc to hopefully get this sorted out. The neuro people are superb with brains, but not good at much else, it seems. I won't take him home before he feels better, even if it means getting discharged and then wheeling straight to the ER. ;) Hopefully we won't have to do that.....

Merry Christmas, everyone!


1 comment:

  1. I didn't think to check the blog for updates! You are so incredibly thorough and considerate for all your writings! The mental image of you turning Ryan right back around and wheeling him into the ER is just laugh out loud and perfect! Shows how amazing you are, he couldn't be in better hands;) And it makes me want to hug you! I know it's been said before, but I just have to say again you are both FIERCE and powerful and I love and adore you both! I am so SOOO glad for the private room so that you can stay with Ryan now. A small amount of privacy can bring SOME feeling of normalcy and comfort to you both.

    I am just shocked that there is so little to be done for the abdominal pain. Hopefully ANOTHER opinion from ANOTHER GI doc will shed some light (and relief!!!!!!!). Hope you guys manage to have some calm and joy this holiday. At least you get to stay with each other now in your own room:) Again, thank you so much for all the updates. (OMG, and that photo? Owwwwwwwwwwwwwww! But also WoOoOoOoOoW!!!)

    ReplyDelete