Saturday, September 26, 2009

Colonoscopy and pictures

So I had my colonoscopy on Friday. It went well. Dr. Jani found a few internal hemorrhoids, as was expected, and some inflammation around my anastemosis (the point where the reconnected my colon after the resection). That wasn't expected and he took a biopsy. I gather it's likely not anything to be worried about... maybe they'll just give me some antibiotics or something.

I got to get doped up on Propofol again. That stuff is ridiculous. Apparently I was hilarious when I was coming out of it.

Afterwards, I ate some food finally. Then Emily and I drove out to Thurmont to watch her horse instructor give a lesson to a barn friend of Emily. It took forever to get out there and the directions were really squirrelly, but we made it. It was certainly very pretty. It was nice to get out of the house. Then we went down to Frederick and ate dinner at Nido's, a very yummy Italian restaurant.

Here are some pictures:

This is the funny shirt Holly bought me for my birthday.


This is me and a Chinese Crested, Cutie, at the farm yesterday. I hadn't been there or sitting down for more than a minute or two before she jumped in my lap.


This is the other Chinese Crested at the farm, Cookie. Apparently she was cold.

5 comments:

  1. Hey Ryan,Those dogs are soooooo ughly!!!!!!!
    I've had the pleasure of being on Propofol and it is indeed crazy stuff. I remember waking up, and getting in the car, but NOTHING in between. They "SAID" I got dressed by myself, but I'm sure it was a funny scene. I wonder if those "scenes" ever end up on youtube????!!!!!!
    You look wonderful.............love the shirt......
    HEY< Dr. Jani is NOT on your LIST!!!!!
    Love to you both..........Jill-Mom
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I don't know if your shirt or the cold dog is funnier!!!

    The middle picture is just plain ole precious. I think dogs have a sense about good people. They know who to trust. It reminded me of Ariel and you in St Augustine.

    You're looking good, Ryan. Thanks for the pics.

    Love, Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Ryan,

    I can imagine how you were on Propofol. You have such a dry wit. I'm sure you made profound propofol observations. You remind me of comedians who see the humor in the absurdity of our daily routines.

    I hope the irritation in your colon is just a mild infection, and the antibiotics take care of the problem. What can be done about your internal hemorrhoids?

    The dog, in your lap, was cute. However, the other dog...well lets just say, I've seen cuter aliens bursting out of peoples' stomachs.

    Have a great week. Let us know what the biopsy shows. I love you.

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Ryan,

    I liked the picture of the 'Some kind of bird' that was kewl! And I love the pics of the spiders. Those banana spiders give me the creeps but they are neat too.

    It is good to see that you are getting out there and experiencing all that you can. Next time you are in town, give me a buzz.

    Love,

    Aunt Hollye

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jesh, I have been meaning to write on here since the day you posted the LAST post about the b-day & concert, and yet here I am, weeks later. I kept trying to wait until I had time to comment on all the different bands and pictures and be witty & funny, but I've accepted the fact I'm just not witty & funny & I'm better off not procrastinating any longer:)

    Your hair has grown in a good bit more since I last saw you! And the shirt is great;) I wish I could have picked a different color font, but eh, oh well.

    I just don't get Cresteds.... I mean, really? Why?

    Hope your ankle is healing & you can get out to enjoy your incredible weather! (It's going to be 92 here.... NINETY-TWO!!!!!)

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete