Sunday, November 22, 2009

A productive weekend

I've had a decently productive weekend.

On Saturday: I had blood drawn and then went grocery shopping. We didn't too much groceries, so that was nice.

Then, I raked a ton of leaves out of the yard and cleaned up the gardens a bit. I also drilled some holes in the side of the house and attached a hose holder and actually secured the faucet we use (it was just sort of sitting a whole, so the lateral force of turning it on/off was being borne by the copper pipe). Then I swept off the deck.

I worked out on "the machine" for the first time in recent memory and my muscles were certainly sore afterwords.

Emily was out at the barn with Addy since about 12:30. I was hoping to get out and do some Christmas shopping for her, but she was home by the time I was ready to go.

Saturday night we went to Trader Joe's and bought some more yummy food and got some Creme Brulee coffee things from Starbucks that Emily discovered. They were really sweet, but yummy. There is this "challah bread" at Trader Joe's which is just extremely yummy bread. I never actually use it for anything other than just eating for bread's sake.

Sunday we went to Red Canoe and got some yummy soup and lots of muffins. So now we'll have breakfast the next few days too. Something to look forward to when waking up! Sunday was an absolutely gorgeous day outside. We didn't really do very much out there though. We took Radar to an open house for a few hours which was entertaining. She really got along well with the other dogs. She seemed happier than she has been since we've had her. She'd be a good second dog, I think. After we got home from the open house I fell asleep for a couple of hours and squandered all of the good weather.

Tonight we made Indian food with some masala simmer sauce, various kinds of peppers, tomatoes, onions, and chicken. Very yummy stuff. After we ate that we walked to dog, then watched the second Top Gear episode of the season.

Tomorrow is another chemo day which sort of sucks. Oh well. I don't think I'll be working at all this week. Hopefully I remember what I was doing when I make it back.

Oh, also: I bought a car. Or at least I put a down payment on one so it has my name on it. It's a 2010 VW Golf TDI 2-door. I wanted one with Xenon HID headlights, but there are actually none in the country yet and I don't feel like waiting. I'll get the $1700 tax credit and the sales tax deduction on my federal taxes, so the federal government is giving me a sweet deal to buy a German car. This will be the first new car I've ever bought, or for that matter the first at all that I've ever bought. I suspect it will be nicer than my Saturn. The dealer guy was supposed to call me on Saturday and give me a final figure so I could deal with the bank this week, since I'm planning to pick it up the day after Thanksgiving. He didn't call me though so I'll have to hound him tomorrow (I swear I get the impression they don't want to sell any cars) so I can get the bank stuff done before the bankers leave on their holiday.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Ryan,
    You DID have a GREAT weekend!!! A NEW CAR!!!! YEAH!!! Can't wait to see it............send pics.
    Is Radar going to be allowed to stick her head out the window?
    You sound happy and excited...THAT'S GOOD.
    Red Canoe muffins...YUMMMMMMMMMMM
    Love to you both, Jill-Mom
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

    ReplyDelete
  2. How comical, you add buying a brand new car as almost an afterthought!

    Now I have to go to Starbucks and find this "Creme Brulee" thing you speak of... yummmmmm..... Although I don't actually know what creme brulee is, but it certainly SOUNDS yummers:)

    I was working outside this weekend, too! It was the first time I have been home on a weekend in a while (art shows) to finally get something done. It was absolutely FANTASTIC. I can't believe it is time to be thinking about Christmas stuff.... Thank god there isn't really anyone I have to buy for b/c they would be sorely disappointed.

    LOVE YOU!!!!!

    ReplyDelete