Sunday, November 15, 2009

The weekend

Rob and Barb came over on Saturday for a lunch. Though it was a pretty big lunch and ended up being dinner. The day started off drizzly but it cleared up and ended up being pretty nice. We grilled some steak out on the porch, had some salad, and some yummy potatoes. Rob and Barb brought brownies for dessert. It was good to see them again. I've pretty much lost touch with most of my old coop friends even though we all live near each other. They just celebrated their three year anniversary which is pretty crazy too!

Today was a gorgeous day. It was sunny about 70 degrees outside. Emily went out and rode her pony and took pictures in the morning. I took her car to have new tires put on, balanced, and aligned. Finally, her steering seems to be mostly normal. I went to Advance Auto Parts to try and get stuff for some routine work (new distributor cap, rotor, spark plug wires, etc.) but they didn't have most of it in stock. Shortly after that we went to Patapsco for a short little hike. There were tons of people who had the same idea. Most of the free entrances were jam packed with people parked all over the place but we found a spot on the Landing Rd/Cascade Falls entrance.

My tummy hasn't been feeling good all day. I kind of want to suspect the steak since I never eat it, but who knows.

Also, we got a new greyhound Saturday morning. Her name is Radar. She is pretty cute. She had already been in a foster home in Florida so she seems to be totally acclimated to life outside the track. She's not much of a walker though, you almost have to drag her out the door just to get her to go potty.

I decided that I definitely want a 2010 VW Golf TDI though it is proving difficult to find one that I want. They're rather in demand and most of the dealers around here don't have many in stock, and none have one that I would buy. There's one in New Jersey that is getting one that I would want but I don't really feel like messing around with getting one out of state. I need to call some more local dealers tomorrow and see if any of them are expecting some more.

Lastly, the new season of Top Gear started today. I managed to already get and watch it. It was pretty entertaining, though certainly not one of the best episodes I've seen. At least we have something fun to look forward to for some number of coming Sunday nights.

3 comments:

  1. Hehe. I was wondering if you'd seen TG this week yet. Guess I got my answer! Fwiw, focus your torrent client into the web for Jeremy Clarkson's Duel and James May's Toy Stories; a video and a new series, respectively.

    Come drive my GTI any time you're feeling like a laugh. The summer tires are off now though so you need to shed a few extra mph before the corners and be a bit more conservative on the exits. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa, it sounds like you've really decided on a new car! Wow! Are you REALLY going to do it??? How exciting (if you like cars... I would be more excited if you were getting, say, a new bike.... but still;))

    I am bummed I missed your call last night, but I am SOOOO sorry I rang you back at 11:00pm or whatever time it was.... I sincerely thought I was calling my voice mail to hear your message, but I messed something up & actually called YOU back. Hope I didn't wake you up, I know you're no night owl anymore (assuming ho more naps???.........)

    I'm glad the weekend turned out to be such nice weather and that you got to go enjoy some of it (well, except for the stomach, blah). 70? Where did THAT weather come from???? I thought you'd be much cooled by now!

    TOP GEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at all the cool posts I've been missing on your blog! The work bench reminded me so much of Papa Blink's benches. They are practically duplicates! What's the first project?

    So being an adult sucks, eh? Come on ... it's not that bad. There's always light at the end of the tunnel. Even if your tunnel seems to be one of despair. It keeps changing, as the universe is meant to do. Besides, how else do we show our grace under pressure? You have to have the conflict just like a good book. Humans are great inventions!!! (Whatever that means???)

    I'm sorry to hear you didn't get to go camping/hiking much this past warm season. Ever think about riding to the Skyline (end of the Blue Ridge) and hiking your ass off there? It was such a pretty drive.

    I hope Radar works out and gets to liking his walks. Dogs are so lovable.

    Hi Emily ... glad you're snapping pictures and making Ryan post them. I love it. And that cat ... how cute.

    Okay, you two ... happy days ahead eating, growing up and taking care of animals. What a great life, isn't it?

    Love, Laurie

    ReplyDelete