Friday, April 10, 2009

Almost to round #4

This has been a pretty normal week. I think I worked about 38 hours, so very nearly a 40 hour week! Exciting! I am still trying to fight off this cold I've had since last Tuesday or so. It just doesn't want to go away. I don't feel too bad, but I'm still hacking and have a mildly sniffy nose. Very annoying. So things have been going pretty well. I knocked a bunch of stuff at work that I had been putting off and buttoned a few things up, which was productive and good. Hopefully it all works while I skip out for the next 3-5 days! Round #4 is this Monday. Hopefully it goes well. I'll be 1/3 of the way through after it. Bowel function has returned to normal pretty much. I'm off of laxatives (except around chemo days where I think I still need them). So I'm pretty much pill free lately. I'd say drug free, except of course for the chemo which I think counts as drugs.

We have not put any holes in the wall nor have I put any effort into putting the Smith machine together! I pretty much never do anything on weekdays other than work, eat, play on the computer a bit, and sleep. So weekends are the only feasible time to get anything like that done. We didn't really clean the basement all that much last weekend either which is preventing me from moving the Smith machine around. I think I know where I want it, and there is a huge pile of junk there right now. We have no major plans for the weekend so hopefully that will translate into getting some more stuff organized around the house. I finally called some other contractors to come out and give us some quotes on a deck. I got ahold of 3 more and have a marathon the next week of meeting them. I look forward to seeing what they have to say.

The weather is chilling off again for the weekend (< class="blsp-spelling-error" id="SPELLING_ERROR_1">oogling at computer parts. I have a strange inclination to build another computer. We already have plenty in this house. But I want more! I'm sure I could find better things to spend the money on though. Currently I am listening to Squarepusher. I highly recommend it to everyone, though I imagine I might be the only person to actually like it. He once played a concert in Atlanta (he rarely tours, and even more rarely comes to the U.S.) which a couple of friends of mine were going to. I was all set to go, and it turned out to be on the same day (a Saturday, of all days) as my CHM2045 (General Chemistry I) final. I could have skipped the final completely and gotten a B+. I sat for the final and got an A. I wish I had seen Squarepusher ;)

Last weekend we went and ate some pizza at Scittino's in Catonsville. They have extremely excellent pizza. Best I've had up in Maryland so far (though to be fair I haven't tried many other places.) And best of all, Opie's was open next door!

Mine, before.

Emily's, before.

Ours, after. I ate more!

Here are some kitty pictures. Emily took them (actually she takes all of the pictures). She might use them in her blog too, but I'm first!

Squirrel is extremely happy in the sun.


(possibly the first cute pose he's ever had)


4 comments:

  1. Look at that belly! Oh, Squirrely:) And Tucker! Whoa, a moment of not only calm, but CUTE calm? Wow. Hmmmm.... Now I want some ice cream.... But I guess I really always want ice cream, it's such a weakness..... And Pizza! Why must I love the two so??? I'm glad to know you both got to get out & indulge in something so wonderfully decadent:)

    I remember you listening to Squarepusher... I liked some of their... Err, his stuff. In fact, I have that "My Red Car" song on my itunes. Some stuff is just a little too much for me, a little too "electronica-jazz" & my ears need a rest. If you have any particular songs you think I should check out, let me know! I LOVE hearing new stuff:) I feel for you missing the concert... I would have felt the same way if, say, Josh Groban had been around. Tough call. Seriously:)

    Well, I hope you can enjoy this weekend. Get some fun stuff done so that by Monday your worn anyway & being knocked on your butt won't seem so bad:)

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alright, a normal weekend. Got to love it. It looked pretty normal with all that food you talked about. You and Emily must have had fun taking the pictures of the ice cream. I just can hear you laughing. Sounds like you are taking some of her blog material from her.
    I think Squirrel looks like the cooler cat.
    Almost logged in a 40 work week. Getting better.
    Take your time on putting together that "MEGA METAL MONSTER". I isn't going anywhwere.
    Putting together another computer sounds good only because that is what you enjoy. It will help you avoid putting together that machine.
    Glad you are off all those drugs man.
    I doooooo hope round 4 is the best yet. I have high hopes you will do well in round 4. I betting on you (knockout in the first round).
    By the sounds of your writing things sound good.
    Keep up your positive energy. you will need it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Ryan,

    Happy Easter! I hope your weekend was wonderfully relaxing. On the weekends before your chemo, nothing needs to be done that is more important than your rest. I think John is on to something about building the computer. It would make you happy, and it would give you a great excuse to avoid the Metal Monster

    I'm impressed with how quickly you have gotten back to a somewhat normal work routine. It seems you've figured out how to prioritize during your "on week" to compensate for your "off week."

    Loved the pictures. Yes, Tucker looked cute, but those eyes are still the eyes of a schizoid!

    Holly and I checked out Harbor Freight this weekend. They scolded us, because I was pushing her around on a dolly. We were baaaad girls. I bought the dolly anyway. It is rather an eclectic store. Great deals, but lots of stuff I wanted wasn't there.

    I got many things done on my "to do" list over my Spring Break. However, I still managed to relax and read two novels. It's back to work tomorrow. The long haul until summer vacation begins. I will be thinking positive thoughts about you tomorrow during your treatment. I always think about you, and send you my love, but on chemo days, I try extra hard.

    I Love You.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe that you are taking classes on top of chemo, working, biking, moving heavy metal,building computers and "what other stuff".
    You are truly profound! Makes me tired to read about it. Keep up that GREAT positive attitude.
    Love You,
    Grandma

    ReplyDelete