Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Dentist

I've been more tired than usual lately. Can't tell if it's just me getting used to sleeping a lot again or what. I just haven't been able to pull myself out of bed in the morning. It could have something to do with the cats waking me up every morning at the crack of dawn demanding food. I want to blame it on them. It's probably not their fault though (they are still annoying).

I went to the dentist today after an astonishing 2.5 hours at work. It was a blast. I had two cavities filled (#4 and #5, D.O. and M.O., don't know which was which) and #30 M.O/.D.O., which wasn't actually a cavity but actually an old filling that cracked. That was the reason I went in, I noticed it was a bit painful to bite down and there was some weird protrusion that I couldn't remove with floss, and it was very difficult (and painful) to get floss in there. The dentist extracted the cracked filling with some carefully placed floss.

My mouth hurts like crap right now. Hopefully those nerves in my teeth calm down. I do not like hurting teeth. I don't really like going to the dentist either, seeing as how it always means I'm going to get drilled for something.

3 comments:

  1. Well, sounds like your life is just a ball of fun right now. You make me simultaneously feel like I need to go to the dentist & like there's nothing I want to do less than go to the dentist. I hope you got some rest & felt better afterward. I have to wonder if your body is just starting to feel the wear of the chemo & sickness in general on top of the stresses & whatever the dentist gave you. I'm tired just reading about all of it!

    If cats weren't so darn furry & cute, it would be amazing how much less I would put up with from them.

    Oh, & FYI, I was thinking about your comment on the biking & only going 13mph. I only average 13.5-14.5mph going to/from work. All the hills slow me down & god knows you have much tougher terrain there. Sounds like you would still be keeping up with me:) I don't know what that says about my own level of fitness......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ryan,
    Sorry about your teeth!!!! You might be senitive, but NOT in pain......make sure you get back to dentist if not better!!!!
    Talk to you later....love, jill

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ryan,

    I have never, never never liked to go to the Dentist. Had a bad experience early in life and never got over it. I feel for you. It's not like you don't have a whole bunch of other shit going on in your life. We have to have our Dentists though.
    Cats can also be very irritating, but more the young ones. I remember our young cats playing around most of the night and then sleeping all day (go figure). Our old cat just sleeps most of the time and only wants treats.
    Sorry about the lack of energy. It is just an off couple of days. Hopefully will get better.
    I have noting wrong with me and have a hard time getting out of bed to go to work tooooo. So you are still quite normal in comparison.
    Tomorrow is my favorite day of the week "Happy Fricking Friday". The work week is over and we all get to look forward to what the weekend brings. Hopefully your enery level will be back so you can enjoy your weekend.
    you and Emily try and have a great weekend
    Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete