Sunday, April 5, 2009

Can't sleep

I cannot freaking sleep. This has been happening to me every 4 days or so. I just cannot fall asleep. Believe me, I want to be sleeping. I love sleep. I'm going to take some NyQuil after this (I have a cold still, so it's okay!) and hopefully finally slumber.

I was exhausted earlier today and took a short one hour nap. I doubt that did me in, but maybe.

Trevor and I went and retrieved the Smith machine from Virginia today. It took FOREVER. The cherry blossom festival was this weekend so I am guessing the traffic was much worse that usual for a weekend thanks to that. Also, Trevor's GPS had a brain fart and sent us all the way through the city on Route 50 to get down to VA. We ignored the GPS on the way back and stayed on the Interstate. The thing weighed a ton (actually more like a quarter ton, but still a lot!). I was totally exhausted after we were done hauling it up the hill at the guy's house and then back down the hill at my house into the basement. It's in quite a number of pieces at the moment. It just barely fits in the basement. I didn't bother to ask or measure the ceiling height of the basement. It's 6'10" to the floor joists and the Smith machine is 6'8" for most of it, except for a little part that is about 7', which will have to go between the floor joists. It will be fun trying to put it together again down there.

I'm cleaning the basement tomorrow too. It is brimming over with a bunch of junk. It needs to be organized before I will even consider picking a place to leave this huge weight thing permanently. I might have to go to Target and buy more wire racks! You can never have enough wire racks. Or junk to put on them, apparently.

Good night, hopefully.

12 comments:

  1. Irksome, I hope you are reading this after a good night's sleep! It sounds like quite a machine you got there. I fallowed the link to Wiki & wow. I never actually saw your basement, but thank goodness you've got it so you have somewhere to put that monster:) I find it comical you got a work out just moving the thing. Who needs to actually put the thing together? Just keep moving the pieces from room to room:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neat machine and I have seen one in a Gym. Should provide you quite the workout. Holly has a great idea there. Just keep moving it around for a while and that will suffice for your workout. I got tired just reading about the whole moving ordeal (never trust GPS).
    Hopefully you have overcome the sleep issue. NyQuil always works for me. Puts me right out and always a good night sleep. Time goes by soooo slow when you can't sleep and your mind just keeps going a hundred miles per hour.
    Let us know when that monster 1/2 ton machine is together and ready to go.
    I hope you and Emily both have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Ryan,
    Went to the link and read about your "monster" machine!!!! WOW!!! That's incredible!!! I hope you know how to use it..........
    Hope you are sleeping better and feeling well.
    And as for GPS>>>>I love maps..MUCH better!!!
    You and Emily have a great week!'Love you, ME

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Ryan,

    Sorry about the sleeping issue. When you can't sleep, get up and do something. I know... you could put your machine together. Seriously though, don't fight the inability to sleep. Read, get on the computer, exercise. I meditate. It works. I hope the Nyquil helps you. Benadryl works well too.

    I started my Spring Break Friday. I drove to Fernandina Beach and had a wonderful time with John, Candice, and Laurie. Now I'm going to get down to work. I have an extensive "to do" list. I spent yesterday reading a novel. Wasted the entire day, but I loved it.

    I'm going to Google your exercise equipment. I've got to see this monstrosity. I'll bet Emily just loooves it. She probably wants it in the living room, where she can admire often.

    Good luck this week. Stay warm. It's going to be cold tonight.

    I Love You,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ryan, I think you are trying to make people into the Borg with that "exercise equipment."

    I hope you are feeling better. The new Star Trak movie comes out soon...

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are BORG!!! Prepare to be Assimulated.
    Can't wait for the new Star Trek movie.
    Never get enough of that kind of Sci Fi.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are Borg. Prepare to be assimilated. Resistance is futile. Kiss your ass good bye.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That blog about "kiss you ass" was mine. Holly would never be so crass.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now wait a minute ... Holly said 'ass' before. She told Ryan he kicks ass ... remember? And I STILL respect her!

    BTW Karen ... I had such a great time last weekend with you guys ... oh mygosh!

    Ryan ... I bet you slept good after toting the heavy machinery. A little workout and/or meditation will help you get into the zzz zone. Love you much.

    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ryan kicks so much ass it will actually make me write "ass"

    Anyone who wants to disagree with me, I'll kick your..... Ah, see, I can't write it in this instance:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. OK Holly girl, bring on your best but pack a lunch and bring some friends becasue it is going to be a long day and you are going to need the help.

    Ryan,
    I hope the sleep thing has worked itself out and your week has been going well.
    Any progress on getting the "METAL MEGA MONSTER" machine put together?
    Have you actually put any holes in your walls yet?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yea ... I also want to know if you put any holes in your walls yet? And then of course we'll need some pictures. I just love your smiling face on that post in March, Ryan :-) Did Karen tell you about our great photo in pirate costume?

    I love you both!

    ReplyDelete