Monday, June 22, 2009

First treatment with new cocktail

Today was the first treatment with my new reduced cocktail of drugs. I certainly feel better than I have historically on Mondays and Emily says I look at lot better (I never look in the mirror as I'm generally occupied with finding a bed to sleep in). I was still rather tired. I don't know if it was just expectation of being tired, or what. I don't believe any of the medication I received is supposed to make me sleepy. I only slept for maybe two hours though, so much better than my normal take. I have huge headache right now though. This is probably attributable to my right nostril still being perpetually upset and the gash over my right eyebrow.

Seems like things are going well, then.

The person next to me had their first infusion of IV Iron, and possibly had an allergic reaction to it (this is not a common occurrence). She was all freaking out (pain, trouble breathing, etc.) and the paramedics came and took her away in a stretcher. That was too much excitement for the infusion center! There were a bunch of people there initially as well, not too sure why. They're usually very quiet on Mondays and I get to monopolize their time. I was the only there by the time we left though.

The first episode of Series 13 of Top Gear aired Sunday night and I grabbed it and Emily and I just watched it. Entertaining as usual.

And lastly, here's a picture:

Sham-Wow!
(I've actually never seen that infomercial, but I've seen the guy on the side of a box and this picture mildly reminds me of that.)


I look incredibly pale; but, then again I am pale. Also, this is the pump I keep talking about that I have to carry around with me. And you can see my accesseed port on my left (right of picture). The tiny little infusion cord is probably hard to make out. Also you can see my "sleepy hair cowlick" in the back.

I am not planning to go to work tomorrow, or Wednesday. Though if I feel very good tomorrow I might plop by work for a few hours after I have my pump out on Wendesday, as I will be basically halfway there.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Ryan,
    You look so young and innocent......something like, Ummmm Tucker????? Oh!! That's SCARY!!!
    MUST be Emily's new lense........
    So happy for you that the "new" chemo is easier on you......hoping you can bounce back quickly.
    Have a GREAT week!
    Love to you both, Jill-Mom
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxoooooooooooooooooooooooo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am seriously becoming curious about this whole "Top Gear" thing. I mean, dont' get me wrong, I still stand true to hating cars, but these guys sound pretty darn hilarious in a very bastard-y sort or way. Actually, that one episode you described about going through Vietnam sounds like a South Park episode come to life (& lord knows I love me my South Park).

    When I saw this picture the first thing I thought was, "Wow, he looks like he's from an infomercial." Comical you were thinking the same thing, although that pose is indeed the classic "you know you want to buy this product, even if you don't use a pump right now... At the rate America's health is declining, we'll ALL need a pump someday, so buy it now while it's on sale" pose. Quite a spokesman, Ryan.

    And I LOVE the cowlick. Nice to have enough hair again to see one of those;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is funny how everyone is thinking the same thing about the picture. You don't have to say a word and you have sold that product.
    I agree with Jill, you look younger in this picture. You need a few more bandaids though.
    Glad to hear the new cocktail is working for you. Not so good for some of those other folks, but you have had your fair share of bull grap happen to you. No longer your turn.
    Well we made it through the week. TGIF man. It has for some reason been a long week.
    Hope all else is well with the both of you.
    You both stay in our thoughts and prayers.
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete