Sunday, June 21, 2009

Insomniac

I dunno what it is but I have had quite a bit of trouble sleeping lately. My mind just feels like it's 1000 mph. After all the gadgets and lights go off and I am actually planning on going to sleep, I'm happy if it takes less than half an hour. This happens about every 1/3 days. Sometimes it takes less than an hour and a half, about another 1/3 days. Other days it feels like I will never go to sleep. I'll lay down trying to sleep at about 10:00PM, which is pretty normal for me. I roll and roll and roll until finally looking at the clock and seeing that it's 2:00AM. Usually at this point I just get out of bed and do something for a few hours, then I'm able to sleep.

I have used my oral Ativan prescription twice now for this, once last night. I am a bit leery of doing this, though that is it's purpose. When I get chemo I often can't go to sleep at night when I'm home the next few days, probably because I sleep so much in the day. But I still want to sleep at night, and the Ativan just calms my whirling mind down and I can sleep after that. I don't know if it's the same reason, being at the very tail end of my last treatment. I hope it goes away. I am not enamoured with the idea of getting addicted to something like Ativan or needing permanent sleep aids.

If you need fiber in your diet, Dave pointed me to an awesome thing: Quaker Chewy Oat Granola Bars, Fiber & Omega 3. I have the dark chocolate chunk flavor. One bar has 35% of your fiber for the day, which is honestly more than most people ever get in a day. And they taste great. I have mounds of Benefiber and Metamucil in various forms and I think they both taste just terrible. I need fiber in my diet, so this is great. There's another brand called Fiber Plus right next to these in the breakfast isle, but Dave says he think that the Quaker ones taste better. I also highly recommend them.

Also, Emily just caught some hilarious pictures of the kitty cats going at it:


The prequel...


The execution...

2 comments:

  1. WOW!!!!!!
    They must've landed with a THUMP!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahahahahahahahaha! Oh god, that's great!

    I am so lucky to not have sleeping problems, that would tick me off so badly! If anything, I wish I could stay awake longer & be one of those people that happily functions on 6 hours of sleep. I feel for you, but wouldn't be surprised if this problem of your vanishes after awhile. I mean, you HAVE had a few things interrupting your normal habits the past 6 months. Maybe your body is still just adjusting????

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete