Monday, March 16, 2009

2 down, 10 to go!

Hi all! Ryan's asleep in bed, so I'm taking it upon myself to update the blog to let you all know that chemo #2 is finished. I'm sure Ryan will go into futher detail, but today's treatment was not as bad as last time. Still nowhere near comfortable, but a little better since he wasn't constipated. Treatment today was at the Tate Cancer Center. (Dr. Kasamon operates out of both Tate and the Columbia center.) The treatment chairs are a little more private than at the Columbia location, but in all other respects it's about the same. The nurses at both locations are exceptional. (Maybe that's the norm for oncology nurses?)

I very much enjoyed meeting all of you that I hadn't already met, and seeing again everyone I already knew. Thanks for making me feel welcome!

3 comments:

  1. THANK YOU! I am (of course) glad to know it went a little better. I figured the lack of constipation problems would HAVE to help.

    And it was great seeing you again, too! I think everyone would have to agree you are a welcome member of the family. I mean, come on, you are super awesome cool after all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Emily,

    Thank you for taking the time to let us know how things went. I am always anxious about such matters, so the sooner I hear, the better. It's nice to know this treatment wasn't as brutal as the first. It was wonderful to see you again. I'm looking forward to getting both families together over the summer.

    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emily,

    Thanks for the chemo update. Although still not comfortable, it sounds like Ryan may start to adjust somewhat better as time and further treatments go on (at least that is what we all hope). Soooo nice finally meeting you. I do hope we were all not tooooo much for you. Crazyness runs in our blood, but I love it.
    We love to watch you two together. Take care of that man, he is a good one.

    ReplyDelete