Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Day #2

I haven't really gotten out of bed yet at all today. I probably ought to get moving around, it'll probably be good for me. I sure don't feel like doing it though!

I don't feel too bad. My stomach is less than happy with me and I feel very tired. This is about what it felt like in the past, I think. This time went better than the first time. I still became very nauseous feeling but received about 3 different drugs for it. The last one, Adavan, I think helped the most.

I very much enjoyed our overly short trip back to Florida. I really would like to take a whole week off this summer and visit Emily's family and get everyone together for a bash. I hope Emily can get the time off work (she's taken quite a bit of time to be with me so far!). I think I can get it. I sure miss Florida now though. Maybe it's just a temporary urge, but I really want to move back somewhere closer to home and all of my family where it is warm and the roads are nice for biking. *sigh* We were able to enjoy the grandeur of Publix once again and partake in Publix subs while catching up with Chelsea and Steve (who went camping in Key West, I want to go next time!). We ate a whole lot of food at Leonardo's By The Slice with Steven. I was also finally able to introduce Emily to Hogan's Heros subs, which I believe are probably the best subs I've ever had anywhere. We didn't make it to Backyard BBQ in Newberry (completely forgot, not that we had any room for it!) and I still have yet to eat at Satchel's pizza. Another visit must be in order!

We took some good pictures, but Emily has them all and I don't have the patience to put them in here. Maybe she'll do it for me sometime!

11 comments:

  1. Dear Ryan,

    You need to give in to the need to rest. Don't feel guilty. After all, you are pumping poison into your body. It requires rest to rally after your chemo.

    I wish you could have stayed longer as well. I know it sounds selfish, but it made me feel better to read that you're feeling a little homesick. It's probably a mother's desire to be missed and loved. Of course I know Publix is part of your homesickness too. I've seen the grocery stores up there.

    There should be a lot of great pictures we all need to share. Laurie and I took several. I don't know how to post them on the blog, but I'll bet Holly could do it. As always, I love you.

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I must have Publix subs. My goodness they are good...

    Yeah, get some rest and I hope you feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was so wonderful to see you and to have Emily in our midst. She took our coarse side pretty well, don't you think? She's the best to put up with all that silly stuff. It was a typical chapter in the life of our family. Also, it's been a very long time since Jacques and Christopher had been together with the rest of family and that made me happy, too.

    You seemed to light up as the weekend went on, Ryan. You held up really well considering all the different rendezvous you took during your stay. You looked like you were having fun ... for sure.

    Get your rest and keep on posting to us. I love to read your updates. And I love you both very much.

    I'm beginning to think I ought to appreciate Publix more.

    Love, Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you guys had a really good time.
    Hope you are up and about a little.....hang in there Ryan.
    Love you, Jill

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're making ME miss Publix & I work right across from one! It's already been a full 6 hours since I've been in one! WITHDRAWS!!!!!

    And, yes, move back:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. OK it is consensus, we all love Publix. Holly, you got to get a life if you are having WITHDRAWALS from Publix. Ryan, sounds like this go around treatment went better. Hope all of them continue to be a little more comfortable each time. Maybe the body just needs time to adjust.
    You made me hungry talking about all the food you had over the weekend, but it sounds like you really enjoyed it all (it's about time). I think you ate more this weekend than in the last whole week. Laurie is right about you, as the weekend went by you did seem to light up. This was a good visit for you, but Sooooooo short. Hopefully in the future you and Emily can actually make it back to Florida to live. It does sound like you miss it. I missed it too during my tour in the service, so I can truly relate.
    Keep us up to date becasue we are all reading and truly want to share this journey with you. Just wish there was more we could all do.
    We love you, get some much needed rest and keep up that positive attitude.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We thought the weekend trip went very well. I didn't know what to expect or how you would take the trip, the famuly horseplay, then the long trip back but you did brighten up everyday. Emily, you are a "trooper" to put up with us.
    We are all feeling better and more positive. Jim and I enjoyed every minute of the event and look forward to another bash. We never know what to expect when we get together but we know that it will be a good laugh.
    Love you Both, Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Ryan,

    I haven't posted anything yet, but I like reading and catching up on things with you guys. I love you both and am always praying for you.

    We would LOVE for you guys to move back. How cool would that be?!?! Oh well - maybe someday.

    ~Erin

    ReplyDelete
  9. I second the motion!!!

    MOVE......BACK....!!!

    Holly,

    Been to Publix lately? Got your fix?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Actually, yes, I was just at Publix yesterday;)

    And I'll be there again tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete