Sunday, March 1, 2009

Chemo starts soon

So it's been a while since I last wrote something in here. The grapevine tells me that everyone is all antsy in their pantsy to see something. Hopefully I continue to have the drive to write in here. My primary concern in starting it was that I would lose interest sooner rather than later and everybody would be all bummed out.

There hasn't been a whole lot to tell. This week was pretty good on the whole. My stomach has been acting up now and again though for some reason. I felt pretty poor Tuesday night I think it was and didn't go to work at all on Wednesday. I did actually work my first full 8-hour day on Friday in more than a couple of months (or at least it feels like it's been that long). I was tired for a little bit in the middle of the day but got a second wind and felt fine. I was pretty good at home too, but then for some reason my stomach acted up again.

Saturday morning-ish Emily and I went out to Glenelg to look at another prospective farm. I think Addy would receive better care there now (as opposed to the no care she receives at the moment). It's not very geographically desirable in my mind though and I think it would come out being a fair bit of money. No indoor arenas and the one ring they have isn't completely level, which I am told is not good. After we got back from that farm we had some food and I got really tired and passed out, from about 1:00-4:00PM. I woke up (actually I think Emily roused me) just in time to get ready to leave for an evening engagement we had with some friends. That was very entertaining as well, but we didn't get home until about 10:00PM, which is super late for me! I was very tired. Stomach didn't feel well again, but it calmed down eventually and I got some sleep.

I have slept for most of the day thus far as well. Emily is out right now looking at another farm for Addy that will also likely be unsuitable. I plan to do essentially nothing today.

Tomorrow is my first day of chemotherapy. I need to write down a big list of questions and other things I need to talk to my oncologist about and hopefully I see him tomorrow (strictly speaking he doesn't have to see me for the infusions). I am looking forward to it. Hopefully some of my annoying symptoms (e.g. chronic pain) begin to dissipate. Of course, I'm likely to experience "clinically significant diarrhea" which won't be a lot of fun. Perhaps it will be better than being constipated though?! Anyway I think on the whole it will be good.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Ryan,
    Sorry about the "pressure" to keep us posted!!!!!! This is supposed to be FUN!!!
    Anyway, if it becomes a burden, don't do it, but I sure enjoy your wit........
    Hope tomorrow goes well for you......I'm sure you're anxious to get on with this.
    The right place for Addy will turn up......hopefully before the spring grass starts growing!!!!!
    Poor Ken is stressed.....has midterms this week, and he's not totally "loving" his classes.
    I'm sure you can relate.
    Have a good day tomorrow........hope everything goes smoothly.
    Love and Hugs, Jill XXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to hear chemo is almost here! Waiting around bugs the heck out of me, even if it's just waiting for dinner to cook (ie 2 minutes in the microwave... That is just how impatient I am.... Sorry Emily, I know the microwave comment must hurt, but that thing is the only reason I eat anything heated!) Anyway, fingers crossed that the chemo starts to change some things & whatever symptoms replace what you are experiencing now are a bit less unpleasant.

    Love ya, lots of positive thoughts flying your way & I can't wait to see you both!!!!

    Hugs,
    Holly

    ReplyDelete